Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Happy Birthday Billy Elliot!

When the show first began in 2005, I don't think anyone would have thought the production would still be running ten years on, although a lot of us were dreaming of it. However, last night, a dream became a reality as the six current Billy's took the stage to perform the 10th Anniversary of the production at the Victoria Palace Theatre, London.

This amazing show has been close to my heart, as I began the audition process from June 2005 and finally went onto rehearsals at the Sloane Square Barracks as Alison Summers, one of the ballet girls in the show and one of the first and one of only two Alison Summers who have participated in the finale tap. I was elated that I was about to join a family who I would see almost everyday, as we came together to rehearse and rehearse until everything was perfect.

 I had the most marvellous memories and the experiences and opportunities I had were endless. Performing on the stage three times a week, and then my decision to go to the Sylvia Young Theatre School, where I was awarded with a scholarship to attend. Furthermore, my team were chosen to appear on the very First Birthday, something which was an achievement for us all, and for me: I got to meet Elton John!

Found this off the internet, I'm the smallest one at the end on the left!
A couple of months later, my team were asked to do publicity shoots for the Anna Pavlova gold statue. The pictures were printed in all of the London Newspapers and appeared online.





All of this was such an incredible experience. However, there was more. I then went on to film the EPK for the show, which was shared on TV and on the web. 



I am so proud of the company and all that is has achieved. I am also so grateful to them for giving me such an amazing opportunity, as I was then asked to return to the show this time as Angela Robson. I truly cannot wait to see the show nurture in the next decade in all that it brings to the West End!




It was such a shame that I could not be back at the Victoria Palace Theatre last night but I am so excited to see the photos that are and will come from it!

Kirsty 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment