Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

The Chelsea Flower Show

Christmas was becoming more imminent when I finally decided to purchase two tickets to the Chelsea Flower Show for my mum for Christmas. I knew she had always wanted to go so I saved up and planned to go on one of her days she had off work, during the week it was being held.

I booked the 3.30-8pm slot as I thought we could take a slow ride up to London and have some lunch. We had to go to the Royal Hospital, Chelsea and had to queue as we arrived early.

A definite tip for anyone thinking of going next year is to definitely arrive early and queue so you're one of the first people into the Show.

My mum and I standing by the most beautiful flowers that were named after ice cream flavours!
We went round the gardens after looking at the main map at the start of the park.

The map telling you the layout of the event.
These are some of the photos I took of the day...

Prince Harry's garden, inspired by an african theme.

The tree coming into the photo on the top left is over 150 years old.




Dead and alive plants hanging from the ceiling.



Outside the Royal Hospital, Chelsea.



Inside the large marquee, where plants from over the world were shown here.
After spending the day here, I definitely felt like I had more of an idea which plants can be grown in 'acid soil' and which gardens I wanted! Unfortunately, my favourite, Roses weren't to be seen! I would love to go next year, so will keep an eye out for tickets when they go on sale. 

Kirsty

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment