Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2015

My weekend in Oxford

Hey bloggers,

I have been so busy recently, I finally have the time to sit down and write about the weekend. I have just spent in Oxford with my friend Jack. Because I've finished uni so early at Glasgow, compared to the English universities, I decided to make the most of it and catch the train from Leigh-on-Sea to Oxford.

I didn't know what to expect in Oxford, but en route, it really was a nightmare to get there. Upon arrival at Paddington, I was told on the train that it was cancelled as a man had jumped in front of a train at Twyford. Despite this horrid news, I had to get off and was really annoyed as Jack had planned to attend a 'formal' at the Trinity College, one of the colleges amongst the others at the University of Oxford. He wanted me to experience of the more posh side to Oxford and its traditions!

Luckily, I arrived JUST in time, with only minutes to get changed and then made our way to dinner.

Jack and I at dinner.
After this, we made our way to drinks that were being held by the Cherwell News. The newspaper that Jack writes for, before making our way back to the room to sleep before the activities next day! The next day we went to walk around the different colleges. Here's me at Trinity College in the day:


And then we booked a punt with Christchurch as Jack attends there (YES! The university where Harry Potter was filmed in the Great Hall!!) 

Punting down Cherwell River.
Jack and I.
Jack punting at the back of the boat.
I had such a great time, as we played music down the river and relaxed in the afternoon sun. 

Afterwards, we made our way to the Great Hall for dinner with Matt, another school friend who attends Balliol. 

Outside the Great Hall where Harry Potter was filmed.
I was definitely thinking of returning, as I made my home on Sunday. Oxford itself is such a small city and we were able to walk all around it. It was surrounded by tourists as they walked around the city looking at the picturesque scenery of the ancient buildings standing that are now owned the university.

Did you do anything nice this Bank Holiday weekend?

Kirsty

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment