Pages

Friday 3 July 2015

Wednesday Stroll

It's almost the weekend and I've been extremely busy recently, and will be able to tell you all soon about my new adventure I will be going on. For now though, I will let you in to what I have been up to these last couple of weeks!

My friend Heather came down to stay during the week and we went into London numerous times to play tourists and go partying. On Wednesday, when she arrived, we got the train to Brick Lane and had a nosey around. As usual, we made our way to the Beigal Bake and got ourselves a smoked salmon bagel and a jam doughnut. I can confirm, as ever, both impressed.

Later, after walking around, we found a lovely café where we both got a Mocha and stayed to chat more for a few hours.


 

Upon leaving east London, we both thought of west end shows we wanted to see. I had a friend who worked at the Shaftsbury Theatre and so messaged him to see what the availability was for Memphis. With a lot of luck, we were able to get tickets to see the show and so we made our way to Covent Garden.

Neal's yard, Seven Dials

Shoreditch
Memphis

Set in 1950s in Memphis, the production kept me on the edge of my seat as I watched Beverley Knight sing away. The show introduces Huey, a white man who goes into Del Ray's underground bar. As the regulars begin to leave, Huey tells the black men and women that he loves the music they produce and goes on to prove that he can sell and play their music successfully. In the midst of this, he falls in love with Delray's sister, Felicia (who is played by Beverley Knight). 





The story is an interesting one, and keeps me hooked throughout. Its catchy songs and dazzling voices, I enjoyed every moment.



I would definitely recommend anyone to go and see the show, whilst it is still on!

Kirsty

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment