Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

French Travels, Marseille #2

Hey Bloggers, 

We're halfway through the week and I thought I'd share with you what I have been up to in France. On our few days in Marseille, I took a boat trip to Les Calanques, a place that is coated with beauty and mystery as the boat takes you through the caves and to the mini rivers, leading from the sea. However, on this day we went, it was not to be the case as the sea was rough, and by the end of the trip I felt extremely sea sick! :(

The Les Calanques on a bad day, the water should have been crystal blue!
On our way back we passed Castle D'If, it is most famous in the novel, The Count of Monte Cristo.
However, after this, we managed to see a lot in Marseille, the photos I took below summed up my time here!

The view of Marseille from the Cathedral de la Gare.
The doors to the main Cathedral, down here where this photo was taken was the Crypt.
The beautiful embellishment inside the Cathedral.
This was the fort of St John.                  
The view from the fort, before heading into the adjoined Mucem.
Mecum garden, where you could stop for lunch!
Backstreets of Marseille.
Marseille has been lovely and it has been interesting comparing the cities between each other when we have moved on to other destinations. 

Is there a city you've enjoyed spending time in?

Kirsty 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment